Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter!

We are traveling to Mississippi today to celebrate Caroline's first Easter with our family. I am so excited to be going home for Easter. It is going to be a quick trip, but I am looking forward to it! We installed Caroline's new car seat and we have a DVD player in the Jeep now, so I am hoping the ride will be easier for her. She looks so comfortable riding in her big new seat! Here are some pictures of Caroline's Easter basket. I thought it turned out so cute.




I am looking forward to Caroline's first Easter egg hunt on Sunday! This is a picture of the smocking on her Easter dress (I do not have any pics of her wearing the dress yet. I will post some after Easter).


As you know, today is Good Friday. I have been very emotional this morning thinking about Jesus and the sacrifice He made for me on the cross. The words to one of my Granddaddy Smith's favorite hymns keeps running through my mind this morning.

"On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross, the emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain; So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown"

"In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine, A wondrous beauty I see,
For twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me; So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown"

On a final note, here are some recent pictures of Caroline.









Happy Easter!

"For He made Him who know no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." II Corinthians 5:21

2 comments:

Tales of a Peanut said...

LOVE the Easter basket and the dress! And Caroline is, like always, adorable!

Thanks for the reminder of The Old Rugged Cross. I need to add it to my iTunes today!

Have a safe trip!

The Ball Family said...

Kelly- what kind of carseat did you get? We need to get one for Kate.....