Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Scale Back Alabama

Since January, I have been participating in "Scale Back Alabama". There are 4 people on a team and each team member weighs in and after 10 weeks weighs out. If every member of the team loses at least 10 pounds, you are entered in drawings to win several prizes, such as cash and ETO. My team was called "Baby Fat" and consisted of me and 3 other pharmacists (2 other moms and 1 dad, trying to lose their baby fat!). So, for the past 10 weeks I have been trying to eat healthy and exercise when I can. I have not eaten french fries for 10 weeks, and I have not even had a Cadbury egg (my favorite, favorite candy!). Yesterday I weighed out, and I am happy to report that I lost 14 pounds! Yea!!! I did not want to let my team down! The only problem now is many of my clothes are too big. I may just have to go shopping and buy some new spring and summer clothes! (Or I might just eat about 20 Cadbury eggs and put the weight right back on! Hopefully not!)

Tripp and I are off to Rosemary Beach today with our friends, Jason and Jennifer. We are so excited about the trip! Puppy and Granddaddy are coming to Huntsville to keep Caroline while we are gone. We are going to miss her so much. 4 nights away from our precious daughter seems like an eternity, but I know we will have a great time. And more importantly, Caroline will be spoiled rotten while we are gone!

2 comments:

Tales of a Peanut said...

Congrats Kelly! I was wondering if you'd already weighed in. I have Cadbury eggs so I'll bring them for you to celebrate with tonight!

The Ball Family said...

Yea!!! I weighed in today and lost 13.5 pounds!!! i hope we win a prize.