Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad and Aunt Di!

We went to Jackson this weekend to celebrate my Dad and my Aunt Dianne's birthday. They were born on the same day, August 13th, 3 years apart! This was a big birthday for Aunt Di (not telling which one because she would kill me)! We went to dinner at Julep, and it was so much fun. The food was delicious and we laughed and laughed. My Dad is very funny, but he is even funnier when my Aunt is around. Like typical brother and sister they like to make fun of each other and it is very entertaining!




The birthday boy and girl toasting themselves! The martini they have is called "Caroline's Wedding Cake" and it is one of Julep's signature martinis!










The cake was half pink and half blue. They have had to share their birthday their whole lives, which apparently my Dad did not like growing up. Aunt Di said that Dad was crying in every birthday picture growing up because he had to share his birthday!


Opening gifts!


Yes, Aunt Di had asked for this head vase for her birthday. She saw it in Mississippi magazine and had to have it!


Mom and Dad gave Aunt Di a bottle tree and then we filled it up with gag gifts! Loving the toilet paper at the top!

I feel like we miss a lot of family events living in Huntsville so I was so happy to get to celebrate my Dad and Aunt Di's birthday! It was such a wonderful weekend with family!

No comments: