Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Real Meaning of Christmas



I think this picture about sums it up. This picture is so special to me. My parents gave it to me when I was home for Thanksgiving. This print belonged to my grandparents, Gommie and Granddaddy (my Dad's parents). They taught little kids Sunday School at our church for as long as I can remember. When our church moved locations, my Mom saved some prints from their room. Gommie and Granddaddy both loved the Lord so much and are in heaven with Him. They served the Lord faithfully for years. They are both such an inspiration to me. Everytime I look at this picture, I think about them and why we celebrate Christmas. And I think about this verse ...

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I noticed that on Monday but didn't mention it. It is beautiful! Thanks for reminding me about that verse -- it is wonderful!

The Lamey Family said...

Kelly, that is so speical. I am sure you love having that in your home. What a great testimony!

So sad that I have to catch up on our life by your blog. We need to talk soon. Miss you terribly.