Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Home Tour

I have had a great time decorating our new house for Christmas! Tripp and I are so excited to spend our first of many Christmases in this home. We are looking forward to making some special memories with our precious girls and family!

As many of you know, I love getting a real Christmas tree, and I like it to be big! Our house in Huntsville had 9.5 foot ceilings and somehow I would always convince Tripp that we needed a 10 foot tree! They all look so small at the Christmas tree lot! Then we would get our tree home and it wouldn't fit in the house so Tripp would have to cut off a portion of the bottom. Well, in our new house we have very tall ceilings in our entrance way so I wanted a very big tree! I sent Caroline and Tripp to the Christmas tree lot with the instructions to bring back the tallest tree they had! They did! The tree is big, and I love it!

Caroline always puts the angel on the top of the tree. (This made me a little nervous!)





The finished tree. We usually have white lights on our tree, but we threw away all of our old lights when we moved. Then when we tried to find some white lights everywhere in Jackson was sold out. So colored lights it is! And we actually have grown to love the colored lights on the tree. I don't think we will ever go back to white lights!





This is our dining room. I love how the table turned out with gold Christmas trees, angels, and mercury glass ornaments.







This is the fireplace in the keeping room. I love the wreath over the mantle.





This table is in the keeping room. It is now covered in Christmas arts and crafts from Caroline!



These large gold ornaments are new, and I really like how they look in the kitchen.



This table is in our living room. It is decorated with our Apothecary snow village piece.



Finally, this is our mantle in the living room. It is decorated simply with garland and mercury glass balls. Our stockings are now hanging from the mantle, but were not up yet when this picture was taken!



Caroline and Catherine have small Christmas trees in their rooms, too. I hope your enjoyed a peek into our home at Christmas!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Kelly - you have done a Beautiful job decorating your home for Christmas - Thank you for Sharing your Christmas with us.
Love, Ms Linda

Tales of a Peanut said...

Beautiful house! Glad I got to see some of it!