Friday, January 7, 2011

Snow!

Tripp and I woke up on Christmas morning and checked outside to see if it was snowing. And all we saw was rain. Tripp had saved one special Christmas present for me to open on Christmas morning. I opened my present and then we got ready to go to work. And when we walked outside to get in our car, we noticed that the rain had turned to snow! But we had no idea just how much it would snow! When we got off work, we came home and had fun playing in the snow! We really wish Caroline was here for the snow, but she was having a very Merry Christmas with our family in Jackson.

Our home and yard looked so pretty covered in snow!





Tripp and I had fun playing in the snow. He kept throwing snowballs at me!





One more picture of our backyard the next morning. It continued to snow some more the day after Christmas.



This was the first time in our lives when we have had snow on Christmas morning (and it may be the last!). It reminded me of how good God is to us and how Jesus covers us with His grace. It was truly a Christmas miracle. All day long this verse was running through my mind

"'Come now, and let us reason together', says the Lord, 'though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.'" Isaiah 1:18

The beautiful gift of snow on Christmas day reminded me of God's greatest gift, salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ.

No comments: