Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Deeper Still



Last weekend Jennifer and I went to Deeper Still in Birmingham. The conference featured Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer, and Beth Moore as speakers and Travis Cottrell as the worship leader. Need I say more! What an awesome weekend being taught from the Word of God and worshiping with 14,000 women.

When I left for the conference on Friday I was feeling very overwhelmed with life. On Thursday we had gotten our Christmas tree, and I wanted to have it decorated and ready by Friday when my Mom came in town. So Tripp and I were up until 2am decorating the tree. Then on Friday, I cleaned the house all morning and decorated some more for Christmas. I was worn out and tired and just overwhelmed.

When I got back home Saturday night, I was overwhelmed in a completely different way, a good way. I was overwhelmed by God's love for me. I was overwhelmed by His faithfulness towards me. I was overwhelmed by the fact that He desires to use me to bring Himself glory. I was overwhelmed by Jesus' sacrifice for me. I was overwhelmed by the blessings that God has given me. I was overwhelmed that I am His daughter and He loves me like a Father.

Needless to say, it was an awesome weekend which I needed to get reenergized and refocused on what is important in my life. And that is Jesus. God has already used this weekend in an amazing way, and I know that He will continue to as I go deeper still.

(A highlight of the weekend was when Jennifer and I and other "siestas" got to meet Beth Moore and get our picture made with her!)

No comments: